Office365 Overload – Confused About Which Collaboration Tool To Use?
You are not alone! As a Microsoft corporate user, it becomes very easy to get lost in the mess with the abundance of application tools and Microsoft’s constant updates.
Instead of letting these tools dictate the way you do your work, take a step back, and a deep breath and ask yourself a few key questions:
- What activities make up my job?
- Who do I communicate with most frequently on work matters?
- Who are my teams within the organization?
- What is my team’s most productive way of working?
Then, do a little digging into what tools you can adapt to meet those requirements best.
Here is a quick summary of what is in Office 365 that has helped us and what you may want to consider:
- Teams = Persistent Chat
- “Productivity Engine” – A chat and collaboration platform for customers designed to simplify group work. Teams’ integration with other Microsoft services allows users access to shared files and calendars, collaborative editing, and easy switching between voice, video, and text chat. Also, it diversifies team collaboration with social networking attributes.
- Flow = Automation
- “Automated Workflow Master” – Microsoft Flow automates repetitive tasks, allowing you to devote more of your time to important matters. It does this by linking different cloud-based apps, collecting data from them, synchronizing files, sending you notifications, and much more.
- SharePoint = Content Structure
- “The Core of Enterprise Collaboration” – SharePoint is the right solution for companies and teams that need content structure, document management, workflow-based collaboration, project management.
- Yammer = Enterprise Social
- “The Facebook for Organization” – It allows for Facebook-style communication with users inside or outside of your organization. Great for external groups or complete external networks to collaborate with external stakeholders, like clients and vendors.
Nonetheless, the struggle is real for users who are new and trying to figure out which Microsoft tools are the most effective for fulfilling specific tasks. This process can quickly turn chaotic and fail without the right system integration strategy, expert guidance, and support.
However, when accomplished, most companies reap the rewards of high employee productivity, employee engagement, increased retention, financial prosperity, and great company culture. Ultimately, Microsoft provides a vast range of tools to meet the collaboration needs of organizations regardless of their location, management, size, working style, and devices.
Klarinet Solutions helps organizations overcome these hurdles of doubt, confusion, and uncertainty when it comes to Office365. Our goal is to empower organizations to make the most of their Office365 investment by utilizing all the best strategies, at the right time, and without any restrictions. To learn more on how to propel your business with Office365, feel free to contact us.