What is Microsoft Power Automate?
Microsoft Power Automate is a service that helps you create automated workflows between your favorite apps and services to synchronize files, get notifications, collect data, and more. Power Automate is one of the pillars of the Microsoft Power Platform. The primary power platforms include:
- Power BI: rich analytics and reporting tools.
- PowerApps: application development.
- Power Automate: workflow and process automation.
This technology is home to low-code tools that span across Office 365, Dynamics 365, Azure, and various standalone applications. Power Automate, specifically, is a workflow and process automation tool. It seeks to automate workflows with an API-based approach, exchanges data with legacy on-premises software, and integrate AI models into your workflows with a low-code approach. Here’s a list of the all the different types of flows you can create within Power Automate:
|Flow type||Use case||Target|
|Automated flows||Create a flow that performs one or more tasks automatically after an event triggers it.||Connectors for cloud or on-premises services.|
|Button flows||Run repetitive tasks from anyplace, at any time, via your mobile device.||Work efficient processes|
|Scheduled flows||Create a flow that performs one or more tasks on a schedule.||Pre-planned automated processes|
|Business process flows||Define a set of steps for people to follow to take them to the desired outcome.||Human processes|
|UI flows||Record and automate the playback of manual steps on legacy software with robotic process automation (RPA)||Desktop and Web applications that do not have APIs available for automation.|
Power Automate is gaining tremendous recognition for providing users and organizations with sophisticated productivity and automation tools that save money, scale tasks, and support desired goals. It is clear that Power Automate lets organizations confidently scale across the entire organization and leverage high paced digital solutions.
Whether it is simple tasks or super-complex enterprise-wide processes, Power Automate offers the next generation of digital automation, and it’s accessible to everyone, coders and non-coders. Any user can accelerate their business with intelligent apps, create low-code apps within a couple of minutes, and turn ideas into valuable solutions.
After speaking and interacting with various clients using Microsoft Power Automate, it is evident that these are the five main ways users benefit from this fantastic tool:
- Improved business processes, along with the quantifiable business outcomes – We can see the organization have better results by being able to automate processes and instead focus their efforts on analyzing information establishing goals, and supporting their team.
- Data-Driven Decisions – Many of the projects companies undertook with Power Automate collect data/info from a specific group of people and sending it back to corporate. This gives managers more information and more timely access to make better and faster decisions.
- Increased Employee Satisfaction and Decreased Errors – Employees from different roles have reported feeling more accomplished, united with their team, and with a sense of direction. Also, automating tasks across multiple applications has decreased the risk of errors.
- Additional Value Realization From Related Microsoft Solutions – Clients are using Power Automate to expand the capabilities within other Microsoft solutions. OneNote, OneDrive, PowerApps, Teams, Microsoft Dynamics, and SharePoint are some of the +250 applications that Power Automate expands into. Ultimately, this means companies can get a higher ROI by leveraging various Microsoft services and business premium solutions.
- Optimize Application Security Power Automate – Microsoft can enhance digital workplace security in various ways. Firstly, it uses the permissions within Active Directory to limit access to data and systems. It is also tied to the same authentication mechanisms as other Microsoft solutions. All applications built on the Power Platform are GDPR compliant. Therefore, organizations can feel comfortable knowing that a leading cloud security platform protects their Power Automate.
Why Should You Use Power Automate?
Power Automate is a great tool for data storage, reports, and process automation. As a user-friendly and business optimization tool, it allows you to replace manual and complex processes with automating business workflows. A good way to think about Power Automate utility is that its purpose is to replace work that might take months into a few hours.
A crucial part aspect of a modern digital workplace is to create tools that strengthen and support individuals. Power Automate helps businesses tackle everyday activities more efficiently, and it provides employees a tremendous user experience. For example, it can collect data, approve off-cycle payrolls, organize meetings, automate emails, schedule content through social media, etc.
Ultimately, it is a better way to work less and do more. By transforming the tools that support productivity and empower people, we can transform your business.
Do you need Power Automate in your organization?
Klarinet Solutions has seen a lot of success in using Power Automate to make powerful, user-friendly internal applications that aggregate and display business data. In case you would like to learn more about how Microsoft Power Automate tools work for your company, please reach out to us at 866.211.8191 or book a product demo here.